Our registered address is:
SmartSec Solutions Ltd
20A Wood Street
For the purpose of the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), the data controller is SmartSec Solutions Ltd. The information you provide will be held in accordance with the GDPR and may be used by SmartSec Solutions Limited and its agents to supply the services which you have requested.
WHAT INFORMATION WE COLLECT
We may collect the following information:
- name and job title
- registration information
- contact information including email address
- demographic information such as postcode, preferences and interests
- other information relevant to customer surveys and/or offers/services
- interaction with social media
Information may also be collected automatically from the use of the service or from other sources including:
- device information
- log information (including IP address)
- browser type and or Operating System
- interaction with email messages
- referral or recommendation programmes
- publicly accessible sources
- information from cookies or similar technologies
WHAT WE DO WITH THE INFORMATION WE COLLECT
We require this information to understand your needs and provide you with a better service, and in particular for the following reasons:
- internal record keeping
- we may use the information to improve our products and services
- we may periodically send promotional emails about new products, special offers or other information which we think you may find interesting using the email address which you have provided if you have requested these
- from time to time, we may also use your information to contact you for market research purposes. We may contact you by email, phone or post. We may use the information to customise the website according to your interests.
YOUR RIGHTS AS A DATA SUBJECT
At any point while we are in possession of or processing your personal data, you, the data subject, have the following rights:
- Right of access – you have the right to request a copy of the information that we hold about you.
• Right of rectification – you have a right to correct data that we hold about you that is inaccurate or incomplete.
• Right to be forgotten – in certain circumstances you can ask for the data we hold about you to be erased from our records.
• Right to restriction of processing – where certain conditions apply to have a right to restrict the processing.
• Right of portability – you have the right to have the data we hold about you transferred to another organisation.
• Right to object – you have the right to object to certain types of processing such as direct marketing.
• Right to object to automated processing, including profiling – you also have the right to be subject to the legal effects of automated processing or profiling.
OTHER WEBSITE LINKS
Our website may contain links to other websites of interest. However, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
HOW WE CONTROL YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
We may use your personal information to send you promotional information about third parties which we think you may find interesting if you tell us that you wish this to happen. You may request details of personal information which we hold about you under the General Data Protection Regulation.
ACCESS TO INFORMATION
The General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) gives you the right to access information held about you. Your right of access can be exercised in accordance with the GDPR via the contact details below
Human Resources Department
20A Wood Street
LODGING A COMPLAINT
To continue to address the legitimate purpose for which the data was originally collected the retention period for insurance and employment purposes is 10 years and for marketing purposes 1 year.
Under what circumstances will SmartSec Solutions contact me?
Our aim is not to be intrusive, and we undertake not to ask irrelevant or unnecessary questions. Moreover, the information you provide will be subject to rigorous measures and procedures to minimise the risk of unauthorised access or disclosure.